2012 BMW X5- A Review
The 2012 BMW X5 is the upcoming luxury car with glorious outlook and lavish interior. The robust engine is capable of giving powerful performance. xDrive is the innovative all wheel drive system that let you cruise this sports utility vehicle safely and at high speeds. Let’s have a look what the new X5 has got.
The 2012 BMW X5 comes in the following assorted trims.
- xDrive 35i
- xDrive 35i Premium
- xDrive 35i Sport Activity
- xDrive 35d
- xDrive 50i
X5 boasts an exotic exterior. Matte black roof rails and Chrome exhaust tips make the exterior more eye-catching. Star Spoke light alloy wheels are incorporated elegantly on the sides of the chassis .The Xenon Adaptive Headlights with auto-leveling are fitted on the metal body. The body-color exterior door and tailgate handles adds more charm to the car.
The 4-door vehicle has a luxurious interior that is not only comfortable but also spacious. Seven people can easily tuck in this car. 10-way power-adjustable driver’s and passenger’s seat are comfy. Satin Silver Matte trim makes the interior more lavish. The cargo area has more room and is furnished with velour carpeting. Also, the rear seats fold down to create more space. There are storage compartments and cup holders to put all your stuff.
The 3.0-liter dual overhead cam (DOHC), 24-valve inline 300-hp 6-cylinder engine with TwinPower Turbo technology gives an outstanding performance. The 8-speed Automatic transmission with Adaptive Transmission Control includes two modes i-e Sport and Steptronic Manual shift modes. X5 xDrive35i gives an estimated EPA rating of 23 mpg on the highway with an output power of 300 HP. xDrive35d gives 26 mpg on highway producing an output power of 265 HP and xDrive50i gives 20mpg on highway generating an output power of 400hp. Fuel efficiency is achieved with BMW Advanced Diesel and Dynamic Cruise Control gives you more control over the car.
- X5 is equipped with high-tech safety features. They include
- Driver’s and passenger’s front airbag supplemental restraint system
- Front safety belts with automatic pretensioners
- A central locking system with center console switch
- Anti-theft alarm system
- Active Head Restraints in front seats
- 3-point safety belts
- Crash sensor that activates Battery Safety Terminal disconnect of alternator, fuel pump and starter from battery
Advanced Technology is used while designing this luxury car. The innovative technology features include
- 3-spoke leather-wrapped multi-function steering wheel
- Bluetooth wireless technology for hands-free calling
- iDrive system with on-board computer and Controller, and 6 programmable memory buttons
- Outside-temperature display
- HD radio with “multicast” FM station reception
- iPod and USB adapter
So, get ready to cruise in your dream car, the luxurious 2012 BMW X5.