2012 Tacoma Pickup Truck
Toyota Motor Sales (TMS), U.S.A has publicized the MSRP for 2012 Tacoma pick up truck which is the best selling vehicle of Toyota and holds an eminent position in the segment of pickup trucks. Toyota introduced some changes in the exterior and styling of 2012 Tacoma and also modified its interior, the main reason to upgrade interior and exterior is to offer enhanced comfort and convenience to users.
Available Cab Types of 2012 Tacoma Pickup Truck
2012 Tacoma Pickup Trucks will be available in three cab types:
- Regular Cab
- Access Cab
- Double Cab
Salient Changes in Exterior and Interior of 2012 Tacoma Pickup Truck
Toyota has introduced following main changes in the exterior of 2012 Tacoma Pickup Truck:
- Modified Hood, grille, fog lamps, headlamps, antenna, upper and lower front bumper.
- Enhanced middle panel design of interior with modifies gauge cluster.
- Improved steering wheel.
- Improved heating a cooling system.
- Modifies high-contrast middle console, dash and upper door trim, switch plate covers.
- More comfortable fabric has been used in the seats. Toyota is well aware of the fact that Tacoma is preferred by people who have some hard desires and they buy to use to for heavy loading that’s why Toyota has introduced water proof fabric protection seats especially in TRD Sports and off-road models.
- All the models of 2012 Tacoma Pickup Truck have been restyled with 2 front deck “D” rings for more ingenuity.
- 2012 Tacoma is equipped with Entune multi-media system which is the blend of famous mobile apps and data services. When one connects Smartphone to vehicle via Bluetooth or USB cable, features of Entune start operation by using voice recognitions or other services. Entune features Bing and Pandora, real time info like traffic, fuel prices, weather info, stocks etc.
New Exterior Colors for 2012 Tacoma Pickup Truck
2012 Tacoma Pickup Truck will be available in 2 new colors of exterior i.e.
- Spruce Mica
- Nautical Blue Metallic
Standard Safety Features of 2012 Tacoma Pickup Truck
Standard Toyota Star Safety System provides following features to all models of 2012 Tacoma Pickup Truck;
- Anti-lock braking system
- Electronic Brake Force Distribution
- Brake Assist
- Vehicle Stability Control
- Traction Control
- Smart Stop Technology
Powertrain of 2012 Tacoma Pickup Truck
2012 Tacoma Pickup Truck is available in two engines;
- 2.7L DOHC 4-cylinder engine which produces Horsepower of 159Hp and torque of 180 lb-ft. 4-cylinder models are available in 5-speed manual or 4-speed automatic transmission so that one can select one up-to the choice.
- 4L DOHC V6 which presents Horsepower of 236Hp and torque of 266 lb-ft. One can pair the V6 with 6-speed manual or 5-speed automatic transmission.
Note: For both engines, VVT-I (Variable Valve Timing with Intelligence) produces torque of powerful low-end and mid-range.
Improved Fuel Economy: Electronic Throttle Control System with intelligence plays a major part to enhance the performance and fuel-economy of 2012 Tacoma.
MSRPs for 2012 Tacoma Pickup Truck
1. Base MSRP for 2012 Tacoma regular Cab (4×2) equipped with 2.7L 4-cylinder engine and 5-speed manual transmission is US $16,875.
2. Base MSRP for 2012 Tacoma Double Cab (4×4) that features 4L V6 and 5-speed automatic transmission is US $27,835.
Availability of 2012 Tacoma Pickup Truck
2012 Tacoma Pickup Truck will be delivered to Toyota Dealers from September 2011.