2012 Toyota Matrix-A Review
Great News! Upgraded Toyota Matrix is available for 2012 and it’s quite versatile and sporty. Toyota Matrix is a five door vehicle and it offers superb fuel economy in addition to outstanding safety features which include Vehicle Stability Control, Traction Control, Anti-Lock Braking System, Electronic Brake Force Distribution, Brake Assist and Smart Stop technology. Let’s look into details of 2012 Toyota Matrix.
- Base Matrix
- Sporty S Grade
2012 Matrix grade is equipped with 1.8L DOHC 4-cylinder engine which delivers 132 Horsepower and torque of 128 lb.ft. Performance and fuel economy of this engine is improved by dual VVT-i control valve timings on intake as well as exhaust camshafts. The 1.8L engine is available as 5-speed manual transmission and 4-speed ECT (Electronically Controlled Automatic Transmission).
2012 Matrix S is equipped with 2.4L 4-cylinder engine which generates 158 Horsepower and torque of 162 lb-ft. This 2.4L engine is available in 5-speed manual transmission and 5-speed automatic transmission.
2012 Toyota Matrix is quite fuel economical and following is the EPA ratings of different models with different transmission (automatic/manual).
- EPA ratings of Matrix Grade 1.8L engine with manual transmission is 26mpg in the city and 32mpg on the highway.
- EPA ratings of Matrix Grade 1.8L engine with 4-speed automatic transmission is 25mpg in the city and 32mpg on the highway.
- EPA ratings of Matrix S equipped with 2.4L engine and 5-speed manual transmission is 21mpg in the city and 28mpg on the highway
- EPA ratings of Matrix S powered by 2.4L engine and 5-speed automatic transmission is 21mpg in the city and 29mpg on the highway.
- EPA ratings of Matrix S AWD with 4-speed automatic transmission are 20mpg in the city and 26mpg on the highway.
The design of 2012 Toyota Matrix is inspired by sport-coupe that’s why you will find it sport and stylish. Further style is added by the round shape back windows and continuous character lines from front grille to A-pillar. On the other side, Matrix S incorporates front and back spoilers and a huge mesh front fog lamp bezel.
Dynamic shape of 2012 Toyota Matrix adds a quite and comfortable look in its interior and two color schemes are available for the interior i.e. dark charcoal and combination of dark charcoal and ash grey. Optitron instrument panel gauges consist of bright white lighting and novel silver ornamentation, a large rounded speedometer is situated in center and tachometer lies on its left side.
Following is the optional equipment in 2012 Toyota Matrix Grade;
- Front and rear underbody spoilers
- Integrated Fog lamps
- Unique S Badge
- 17 inches 5-spoke alloy wheels
Optional equipments in 2012 Toyota Matrix S Sport package are;
- 17 inches alloy wheels
- Front and back underbody spoiler
- Color keyed back spoiler
- Unique S badge
Premium package includes;
- AM/FM CD player
- Six speakers
- Auxiliary radio jack
- USB port with iPod connectivity
- Power tilt/slide moon roof along with sliding sunshade
2012 Toyota Matrix is equipped with improved safety features, most eminent safety features include;
- Front and rear crumple zones
- Six air bags
- Seatbelt pretensioners protect the driver at the time of front collision
- Vehicle Stability Control adjust the output of engine and braking force for every wheelConvenience Features in 2012 Toyota Matrix
Standard convenience features
- All weather package
- Power windows
- Power door locks
- Cruise control
- Tilt and telescopic sport steering wheel
- Daytime running lights
- Heavy duty rear window defogger
- Engine immobilizer and much more