- February 14, 2012
2013 Acura ILX-A Review
Acura introduced production version of 2013 RDX and All-New ILX Sedan in Chicago Auto Show. These two brand new models will be launched in spring 2012. Vice President and General Manager of Acura Jeff Conrad said, “We are excited to be launching these two new luxury models as the gateway of Acura’s revitalized product lineup. As we embark on our second 25 years as a premium luxury-performance automobile brand, we are excited about the role these two vehicles will play in welcoming a new generation of luxury car buyers to the Acura brand.”
2013 Acura ILX
Best for Generation Y
2013 Acura ILX is a compact sedan with stylish and sporty features. Acura has designed this Sedan especially for Generation Y-The most potential customers of Acura ILX.
Powertrain with Choices
2013 Acura ILX offer you valuable choices about Powertrain
- Entry level ILX is equipped with 2.0L inline 4-cylinder engine that produces 150 hp and torque of 140 lb-ft. Its estimated EPA value is 24mpg in the city and 32mpg on the highway.
- ILX will also be available with 2.4L engine that delivers 201 hp and torque of 170 lb-ft. Its approximate EPA value is 20mpg in the city and 29mpg on the highway. This engine is especially formulated for passionate people who always look for dynamic driving experience.
- For the very first time in history Acura is launching a hybrid model that is equipped with 1.5L hybrid inline engine with incorporated Motor Assist Electric Motor. When coupled with CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission) it offers estimated EPA value of 35mpg in the city and 38mpg on the highway.
Stylish and Sporty Exterior
2013 Acura ILX is a wonderful combination of luxury, performance, style and efficiency. Special attention has been paid while designing its exterior and Acura Engineers tried their level best to design it in such a way so that its exterior should be aerodynamically efficient and effective.
Head of the Acura Design Studio Jon Ikeda said, “First-time luxury buyers tend to place a high value on exterior styling, affordability and environmental issues, and that’s what we have created with the new Acura ILX. The strategy behind this new model is to position ILX as the first opportunity for many young buyers to enter the luxury market.”
Interior of this muscular car is very spacious and offers seating capacity for 5 passengers. It will not disappoint you regarding cargo space because it also provides ample space for your luggage as well. Standard Keyless Access System with smart entry and push button start is among most noteworthy features of 2013 Acura ILX.
Following are the standard safety features available on 2013 Acura ILX;
- Advanced Compatibility Engineering body structure
- Protective Air bag system on front and side
- 4 channel ABS brakes
- Vehicle Stability Assist
Premium Package of ILX
- Premium package of ILX includes following features;
- Leather seating surfaces
- Heated front seats
- Advance 360 watt stereo system
- Rear View Camera
- Active Sound Cancellation System