- August 3, 2012
2013 Audi S6 VS 2013 Audi S7
Audi, a German automobile brand is known all over the world for its amazing range of cars. The variety includes super-mini cars to crossover SUV’s. Audi S6 and S7 are great cars. S6 first models went into sale in 1994 and S7 was debuted in Frankfurt show for the first time in 2011. Both these cars are capable of giving super performance. Their 2013 model is the new upcoming version. Let’s see how both these cars compete with each other in aerodynamics power, and luxury.
|Audi S6||Audi S7|
|Engine||Twin-turbocharged and intercooled DOHC 32-valve V-8, aluminum block and heads, direct fuel injection||Twin-turbocharged and intercooled DOHC 32-valve V-8, aluminum block and heads, direct fuel injection|
|Power||420 hp @ 6400 rpm||420 hp @ 6400 rpm|
|Torque||406 lb-ft @ 1400 rpm||406 lb-ft @ 1400 rpm|
|Transmission||7-speed dual-clutch automatic with manual shifting mode||7-speed automatic with manual shifting mode|
|Top Speed||155 mph||155 mph|
|Acceleration (0-60mph)||3.7 Sec||4.0 Sec|
|Fuel Economy||EPACity:17mpgHighway: 26 mpg||EPACity:16mpgHighway: 26 mpg|
|Vehicle Type||Front-engine, 4-wheel-drive, 4-door sedan||Front-engine, 4-wheel-drive, 5-door wagon|
- S6 is powered by a twin-turbocharged 4.0-liter V-8 engine that is capable of giving 420 HP of output power. Fastest acceleration is achieved with a seven-speed dual-clutch transmission and a rear-biased all-wheel-drive system. It can run from 0 to 60 mph in only 3.7sec and gives an impressive EPA rating of 17 mpg in the city and 26 mpg on highway. While, top speed of 155 mph is achieved by S6.
- Audi S7 is also powered by twin-turbocharged 4.0-liter V-8 thus giving the same output as S6 however, it is mated to a strengthened DL501 seven-speed wet dual-clutch transmission to give outstanding performance.
- S6 weighs less than S7 i-e about 100 fewer pounds. S6 weighs about 4255 pounds and S7 almost 4350 pounds. The S6 features platinum-colored grille, horizontal elements in the front air intakes, aluminum mirror caps, a rear lip spoiler, and four exhaust outlets.
- While, the S7 has the standard xenon headlamps and LED running lights but lacks in the front intakes that are surrounded by an additional strip.
- S6 offers seating space for five passengers. The smart technological comforts include adaptive cruise control, pre-collision warning, lane departure warning and night vision. A WiFi router option makes your S6 a mobile hotspot. A navigation system with the touchpad and handwriting recognition are the most innovative features.
- While, the S7 has only four passenger seating space but it offers you a choice of three upholstery colors, with four different trim materials. Navigation with Google Earth overlays is its versatile technology feature.
So, buy the one which suits your requirements and that is according to your choice whether it’s the cool 2013 Audi S6 or sexy 2013 Audi S7.