- May 10, 2012
2013 Hyundai Sonata-A Review
Since its launch, Sonata has provided a competitive edge to Hyundai over its competitors and in 2011 it stood at No 3 position in the category of mid size Sedan. Mostly people prefer this super stylish car just because of its fuel economical nature and you will be pleased to read that along with many other improved features 2013 model of Sonata will offer you improved fuel-economy ratings.
The success of Sonata induced Hyundai to add new and improve features in its latest model 2013 Hyundai Sonata. Following are some highlight of different trims;
Highlights of 2013 Hyundai Sonata
- 2013 Sonata GLS will be available with heated seats and fog lights and its starting MSRP with Popular Package is US $21,720.
- Heated front seats will be available as a standard feature in Sonata SE.
- Sonata Limited features traditional sunroof as standard feature.
- 2013 Sonata Limited Premium Package will include panoramic sunroof.
- Customers will enjoy the ride of 2013 Sonata without thinking of fuel consumption because its fuel economy is simply awesome i.e. 24mpg in the city, 35mpg on the highway and 28 combined.
Let’s discuss its features and specifications in detail;
- This wonderful new model is equipped with original Thetta II GDI 2.4L 4 cylinder engine, its GDI (Gasoline Direct Injection) plays a key role in making it fuel-economical and eco-friendly vehicle.
- 2013 Sonata SE features a dual exhaust system as standard element and produces Horsepower of 200 hp and Torque of 186 lb-ft.
- Sonata models that are powered by 2.0L Theta II Turbocharged GDI engine produces 274 hp and torque of 269 lb-ft and offers mpg value of 22 in the city and 34 on the highway.
- SE and Limited Trim will be available with 2.0T (Turbocharged) engines.
- 6-speed automatic transmission with SHIFTRONIC manual control is standard on all the models.
Hyundai uses fluidic sculpture design as signature design in its vehicles; same philosophy is repeated in 2013 Sonata, you will find exterior extremely catchy and long as compare to previous models. Chrome accent improves the overall length of the car and bold looks in the front are added by headlamps and chrome grille. The final touch is given by the multi-spoke wheels that will be available in three configurations i.e. 16/17/18 inches.
The interior of this new model is equally attractive and you will feel its interior truly compliments the stylish exterior. Hyundai cares about the comfort of passengers that’s why it has used high quality material to make it extremely comfortable. Total interior volume of 120.2 cubic feet makes it more spacious than competitors i.e. Camry, Accord, Altima and Malibu. Out of 120 cubic feet, 103.8 cubic feet is dedicated for passenger volume and 16.4 cubic feet is left for cargo.
When Hyundai engineers design vehicle, safety features comes first and you will find the overall body structure supports you in case of any crash and collision. Following are some basic safety features that will be available with 2013 Sonata.
- Life saving ESC is available as a standard feature.
- 4 Wheel Disc Brakes with ABS system.
- Electronic Brake Force Distribution.
- 6 Airbags
- Seat belts with 3 points
- Seatbelt pretensioners for front seat
- LATCH system for safety of children
The 2013 Hyundai Sonata is car of its kind that will drive you crazy for its long drive. Exotic exterior, powerful powertrain and safe, spacious and comfortable interior combines together to offer you the best car with high-tech features.