Acura Announces the Launch of 2014 Acura ILX
There is no doubt that the ILX is the only luxury model that is among the top ten list of Generation Y cars and therefore Honda Acura is really keen on bring out some of the new ILX models that they have. Acura has now made an announcement that the new 2014 Acura ILX will be available on sale from tomorrow with a bunch of new features that will improve the driving performance. Acura believes that the new features will enhance the driving experience and make it better for the consumers. Here we take a quick look at some of the top new features available in 2014 Acura ILX.
- In terms of the exterior shape of the vehicle Acura has decided to keep the structure of the vehicle similar. The sedan will have some minor tweaks to make it look distinctive from the earlier model.
- The 2014 Acura ILX will remain aerodynamic, sleek and sporty in terms of appeal and appearance. The all new 2014 Acura will have 59% high strength steel HSS in the body structure that offers better rigidity and durability to the vehicle while keeping the overall vehicle weight low. The new model will also have 17 inch alloy wheels while everything else remains unchanged.
- This will be the first ever hybrid model that Acura is trying to bring to the market. Hence, the 2014 Acura ILX will have 1.5 liter inline engine and Integrated Motor Assist electric motor that delivers 111 horsepower and 127 lb feet of torque combined.
- The 1.5 liter engine goes into idle-stop mode to save more fuel and reduce emissions. It also offers the new CVT technology that will allow the car to offer 35 mpg in the city and 38 mpg on the highway fuel economy. The new hybrid version also gets advanced MacPherson strut front and multi-link rear suspension system and new Amplitude Reactive Dampers.
- The 2014 Acura ILX will also be available in 2.0 liter inline four cylinder engine that produces 150 hp while the engine is mated with Sequential SportShift five speed automatic transmission. It offers fuel economy of 24 mpg in the city, 35 mpg on the highway and 28 mpg combined.
- The 2014 ILX sedan is also available in 2.4 liter engine that generates 201 hp and fuel economy of 22 mpg in the city, 31 mpg on the highway and 25 mpg combined. The vehicle will be priced at a price range of $26,900 to $29,200.