- August 16, 2011
Best 5 Small Cars; Big Things in Small Package
People love small cars because of many reasons; first they find it fuel economical, secondly due to affordability. As a matter of fact 60% of people all over the world prefer small cars because it suits well to their lifestyle, income and level of savings. Big cars are not only expensive but also consume a lot of fuel which is difficult to afford for many people. Most of the people think that small cars do not offer luxury and comfort but it’s not true, all the leading automobile manufacturers are producing and providing both small cars and luxury to customers.
Following is the list of best 5 small cars and luxury which will help you to select the one if you are seeking comfort, convenience and safety in a small car.
Hyundai is famous due to its cars with cutting edge technological features; its small and medium cars are very popular especially in Asian countries because of being economical. To cater the needs of segment of small cars buyers Hyundai introduced the 2012 Hyundai Veloster for the very first time in the International Auto show of North America on 10th January 2011. The unique thing about Veloster is that it is three-door Coupe which provides convenience to access the back seat.
Features and Specifications of 2012 Hyundai Veloster
- 2012 Hyundai Veloster is equipped with 1.6L direct injection 4-cylinder engine with 6-speed transmission.
- It offers MPG value of above 40mpg on the highway.
- Veloster has interior volume of 105.3 cubic feet means it is enough spacious than the 2011 Honda CR-Z, Mini Hardtop and Mini Club.
- 2012 Hyundai Veloster is equipped with advanced standard safety technologies.
2011 Ford Fiesta was launched on 13th of January 2011, with the introduction of this 5-door hatchback Ford has redefined the expectations of small car segment. Ford sales analyst George Pipas said, “American car buyers have become appreciative of the convenience and flexibility that hatchback body styles offer after years of owning SUVs and crossovers,” said. “Combined with the generation of younger drivers who have been exposed to popular high-performance hatchback offerings in Europe and Asia, we may be seeing the beginning of a shift in buyer acceptance of hatchbacks.”
Features and Specifications of 2011 Ford Fiesta
- 2011 Ford Fiesta is a hatchback; it offers enough cargo volume of 10.6 cubic feet. Being hatchback it offers cargo space of 15.4 cubic feet. Fiesta brand manager Sherryl Brightwell said, “Our fun, vibrant Fiesta customers like the versatility of the hatchback’s access to cargo both inside and outside the vehicle.The additional square footage allows the on-the-go customer the ability to maximize cargo space when needed.”
- Ford Fiesta is quite fuel economical and offers MPG value of 40 on the highway.
- It presents 6-speed Powershift automatic transmission for the first time.
- Cargo space it offers is more than Sedan.
2012 Fiat 500 is a stylish entry of Fiat in the small car segment; Italian Styling has been used in its design to make it look more attractive and stunning on the roads. It’s a cute car with trendy looks and efficient design. Additionally innovative technology and state-of-the-art a feature makes it more worth-while and timeless functionality makes it the first choice of people who always seek all-under one roof. In short, 2012 Fiat 500 is completely for the novel generations of enthusiastic drivers.
Features and Specifications of 2012 Fiat 500
- Hand brake of carbon fiber style
- Shift knob with leather boot (Carbon fiber style)
- Fuel door (Chromed)
- Wheel center caps
- Double blue stripe on the hood
- Rear window-mount rack
- Leather interior
Honda has offered more values with the introduction of Honda Fit, it’s a quiet versatile and fuel-economical model and features 5-doors. Honda has equipped it all the necessary technological, comfort and safety features to present one of the best model for the small car segment.
Features and Specifications of 2011 Honda Fit
- 2011 Honda Fit offers cruise control.
- It features USB audio interface and VSA.
- It is equipped with multi-functional interior; 60/40 split back seat provides multiple seating and cargo volume of 57.3 cubic feet. With length of 161.6 inches, its interior offers 90.8 cubic feet passenger volume and rear cargo volume of 57.3 cubic feet.
- Honda has equipped 2011 Honda Fit with 1.5L i-VTEC four cylinder engine, it is available in 5-speed manual transmission (Standard) and 5-Speed automatic transmission (Manual).
- Safety features of 2011 Honda Fit includes; standard VSA, ABS brakes, front air bags (multi-threshold), side-curtain air bags, double front side air bags with Occupant Position Detection System on passenger side,
2011 Honda Fit is available in 4 new colors i.e. Alabaster Silver Metallic, Polished Metal Metallic, Celestial Blue Metallic and Vortex Blue Pearl.
5. 2011 Mazda 2
It’s smart, it’s trendy, and it’s stylish; it is 2011 Mazda 2. You will find it fun-to-drive small car with all the comfort and convenient latest features which makes it attractive. 2011 Mazda 2 is blend of dynamic performance, style and simplicity with a difference; you can say that it’s good and unique addition in the small car segment.
Features and Specifications of 2011 Mazda 2
- 2011 MAZDA 2 is a compact car with sporty spirit.
- Sporty wedgy shape of its exterior provides it stylish looks.
- It is equipped with 1.5L engine 4-speed automatic transmission and 5-speed manual transmission.
- 2011 MAZDA 2 is 5-door hatch back
Hopefully the above list of best 5 small cars will help you to narrow down your choices if you are looking for small cars with big attitude.