- March 28, 2017
Easy Hacks – What to do after a Car Accident?
Auto accidents are unexpected and stressful, according to Global Health Observatory (GHO) data; there were 1.25 million road traffic deaths globally in 2013.
However, if you are in car accident whether minor or major, behaving calmly after it occurs, could save you a lot of money and trouble.
Few suggestions on what to do if you caught in a car accident:
- Move your car to the side of the road or out of the way of traffic, if possible.
- Check for injuries and call an ambulance if required, stay calm and take a deep breath.
- Turn on your car flashers or setup warning triangles/flares for safety.
- Do not make any statements concerning who was at fault, or sign any document unless it is for your insurance agent or for the police.
- Make immediate notes about the accident. Write down the name, address, phone number, insurance company, policy number, driver license number, and license plate number, for the driver and the owner of each vehicle.
- Take a picture of the scene of the accident, including damage to cars and skid marks, if possible.
- If you intend to file a lawsuit regarding the accident, talk to your lawyer.