- May 30, 2011
IIHS TOP SAFETY PICK Award: 2012 Honda Civic Sedan again grabs it
Honda’s ‘Safety for Everyone’ initiative, undertaken in October 2003, has led 2012 Honda Civic Sedan to grab IIHS TOP SAFETY PICK Award from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety.
To win a Top Safety Pick, the 2012 Honda Civic performed well in all tested categories. The categories included
- Rear tests
- And Standard Electronic Stability Control.
Six of those four door vehicles received a top rating of ‘Good’ in all of these.
- 2012 Honda Civic Sedan / Civic Coupe
- 2012 Honda Civic HF
- 2012 Honda Civic GX Natural Gas
- 2012 Honda Civic Hybrid
- 2012 Honda Civic Si Sedan /Civic Si Coupe
The ninth-generation 2012 Honda Civic will, arrive at dealers nationwide starting on April 20, unveiled with a new, sleek style and a fuel-efficient, technologically advanced lineup. John Mendel executive vice president of sales for American Honda Motor Co., Inc. said “The all-new Civic builds on the popularity of the previous generation with a complete technology makeover, higher level of refinement and style while improving its position as an excellent value. The Civic offers the most diverse model lineup in the industry to best meet the needs and preferences of individual customers.”
The 2012 Honda Civic Sedan Safety Features Include:
- Honda’s Advanced Compatibility Engineering (ACE) body structure.
- Standard Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA) with traction control
- Motion-Adaptive Electronic Power Steering (EPS) system that works in conjunction with Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA)
- Anti-lock Braking System (ABS)
- Leading Air Bag Technology
- VSA and EPS are included as standard equipment on all models.
2012 Honda Civic Sedan / Civic Coupe
The Civic Sedan and Coupe models are designed to provide comfort, value and performance with a price of almost $15,805 / $15,605.The Civic Sedan and Coupe models are
- Powered by a 1.8-liter inline 4-cylinder engine with a 16-valve i-VTEC valve train
- A dual-stage intake manifold. The engine produces 140 horsepower at 6500 rpm and 128 lb-ft. of torque at 4300 rpm.
- An EPA-estimated city/highway/combined fuel economy rating1 of 28/39/32 miles per gallon when equipped with an automatic transmission
2012 Honda Civic HF
The Civic HF is equipped with
- A 5-speed automatic transmission,
- Exclusive 15-inch lightweight alloy wheels and
- Aerodynamic enhancements under the body and
- An exclusive rear spoiler
2012 Honda Civic GX Natural Gas
The Civic Natural Gas is the only OEM-built, dedicated CNG passenger car assembled in America. The Civic Natural Gas is powered by a dedicated natural gas variant of the 1.8-liter inline 4-cylinder engine. It
- Produces 110 horsepower and 106 lb-ft. of torque.
- Has an EPA-estimated city/highway/combined fuel economy rating2 of 27/38/31 miles per gallon
- Is equipped with an automatic transmission as standard equipment.
2012 Honda Civic Hybrid
The 2012 Civic Hybrid
- Uses a larger 1.5-liter i-VTEC 4-cylinder engine
- Achieves an EPA-estimated city/highway/combined fuel economy rating1 of 44/44/44 miles per gallon.
- Produces IMA 110 horsepower and 127 lb-ft. torque.
2012 Honda Civic Si Sedan /Civic Si Coupe
Power for the 2012 Honda Civic Si models comes from
- A 2.4L 4-cylinder engine making 201-hp at 7,000 rpm and 170 lb-ft of torque at 4,300 rpm.
- 6-speed manual transmission
- Average an EPA-rated fuel-economy of 22/31 mpg (city/highway) or 25 mpg combined.
Honda operates two of the world’s most sophisticated crash test laboratories for development of improved safety designs and technologies and rightly deserved this award.