- August 28, 2012
Important Items for Road Trips
If you are going on the road for an extended period of time, there are several items that you should make sure to bring along. They will help to keep you safe in different emergency situations, or troubling circumstances.
- First Aid – Having one of these kits in your vehicle is very important in case of accidents. While it may not exactly be an automobile collision, other injuries could occur.
- Cell Phone – Should you get lost or your vehicle fail, you might find that your cellular phone will come in handy. Sometimes, it is even a good idea to keep a spare emergency phone in your vehicle.
- Refreshments – Bottles of water and non-perishable food items are important to have in the vehicle. This is especially true when travelling into wilderness areas or other places with low populations or traffic. You never know when you might be stranded for several hours or more with no additional food or water.
- Bedding – If you and your party find yourselves stranded for the night in the vehicle, you will be more than thankful for pillows and blankets. No one likes to have to sleep in a vehicle, but it is better to be safe rather than sorry.
- Duct Tape – You would be surprised at just how many uses duct tape has within the vehicle; especially mechanically. Many people keep a roll in their home and in their vehicle, and they have good reason. Duct tape is so versatile and helpful, making it a smart tool to have on hand.
- Spare Tyre – While this might seem like common knowledge, some individuals forget to equip their vehicles with spare tyres. Unfortunately, it is not uncommon to hit glass shards or nails when driving; which may cause a hole in the tyre. Autotrader has come up with a very helpful guide to help you learn how to change your tyre properly which you can see below.
Instructographic brought to you by Auto Trader Vehicle Check.