- June 26, 2013
The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Car Leasing
When people are searching for a new car they often think that buying is the only option, this is not true. Car leasing can be a great choice to drive away in a brand new car. The current economic climate has resulted in more people looking for deals and wanting to get more for their money. Car leasing can be a cost effective way of driving a brand new vehicle.
Like with most things car leasing has its critics and some believe that buying a car is the better option. In all fairness buying a car can also be a good choice as it has a few advantages. If you have an amount of money saved away and you can buy a car outright then you are in a good position. Others may have to go down the financing route which can be very costly in the long run. Also you will have all the maintenance costs such as servicing and an MOT to deal with. The main benefit to buying is that you own the car and can do any changes to it that you like. Also this gives you the ability to sell the car in the future in order to have some money towards a new one.
The advantages of car leasing:
- You can drive quality cars such as Nissan car leasing clickhere, which you may have not been able to afford to buy. This means you will be driving a top of the range car with affordable monthly payments.
- All the car maintenance will be taken care of including the MOT and service. This can be a massive saving over the year. It is always important to check that maintenance is included in the car leasing offers.
- Car leasing often comes with low down payments and low monthly costs. This makes your payments easy to manage and there won’t be any nasty surprises that could arise with unexpected car bills.
- The best thing about car leasing is you could be constantly driving a brand new car for the rest of your life. Once your car lease runs out you can take it back and replace it for a new one. Some leasing companies even give you the opportunity to buy.
Disadvantages of car leasing:
- One disadvantage is that you have a mileage cap. This will be negotiated when you discuss the lease deal.
- You don’t own the car which for some people is the main reason that they wouldn’t lease.
- You will be tied into a contract and if your circumstances change this can be difficult to get out of.
- For most people it is the unknown factor that puts them off leasing. Many people are cautious about leasing as they don’t know much about it. It is always important to do as much research as possible. Some people think it may be expensive with having insurance costs as well. But you can lease cars with insurance clickhere.
So there you have it the advantages and disadvantages of car leasing. It is important to look at your personal situation and work out if leasing is right for you.