- October 23, 2012
Top 2 2013 Ford Crossover Vehicles in the Market
Globally, there is a great demand for crossover vehicles because of the overall package that they have. Many buyers across the globe prefer to go for crossovers that can offer them the performance of SUV but on a regular car platform. Car companies around the world believe that consumers today are very demanding and therefore they not only need better on road performance but they also expect better light off-road capabilities in their vehicle. Ford has been offering some of the best crossovers and best SUVs in the market. Let’s take a quick look at some of the newest and best 2013 Ford crossover vehicles in the market.
2013 Ford Edge
- The all new Ford Edge is for someone that needs better performance and extra room inside the vehicle.
- On the outside the vehicle looks like a sport utility vehicle and it does not look like truck or minivan at all. The front grille of the vehicle adds more elegance and sophistication to the overall vehicle.
- Under the hood, 2013 Ford Edge is powered by 3.5 liter V6 engine that can produce 285 horsepower. The Sport version incorporates 3.7 liter Ti-VCT V6 engine that can produce 305 horsepower. Both engines use six speed automatic transmission for better performance. The vehicle can offer 19 mpg in the city and 27 mpg on the highway. The vehicle can accelerate from zero to 60 mph in 6.9 seconds.
- On the inside, the vehicle has lot of space for the passengers and has a cargo space of 68.9 cubic feet.
- Ford has announced that market price for 2013 Ford Edge starting at $27,525 and above.
2013 Ford Escape
- Ford has incorporated an athletic exterior to the 2013 Ford Escape which means it has a better appeal for consumers focusing on outer looks. The vehicle is available in four different trims and that can change the overall style of the exteriors.
- Under the hood, 2013 Ford Escape incorporates three different engines for different consumers. The regular 2.5 liter four cylinder engine produces 168 horsepower while 1.6 liter EcoBoost four cylinder engine offers 173 horsepower. For car buyers that need more power Ford offers 2.0 liter EcoBoost engine that offers 237 horsepower. All variants come with six speed select shift automatic transmission. The vehicle can offer 22 mpg in the city and 31 mpg on the highway and can accelerate from zero to 60 mph in 8.9 seconds.
- On the inside, Ford offers lot of features like Panoramic Vista Roof, satellite radio, MyFord Touch, heated leather seating package, auto park with cross traffic alert.
- Ford has announced the starting MSRP of this vehicle at $22,470.