- October 24, 2012
Top 3 Mini Vans of 2012 that Can Offer Value for Money Deal
Minivans have soon become one of the most demanding cars in the world. Millions of parents, business owners, carpoolers and even small business entrepreneurs make use of minivan that can offer them better space, performance and features that can be practical and functional. If you are looking for top mini vans you need to look out for some of the best options that you would like to have in your vehicle. Here we take a quick look at the top min vans of 2012 that you can buy in the market.
2012 Honda Odyssey
- The exterior of 2012 Honda Odyssey is available in five different variants and therefore consumers always have the option with the option they want to buy. On the outside, the vehicle look very much like a SUV but it definitely has all the functionalities of a minivan and that is what makes 2012 Honda Odyssey one of the top picks for those who want to buy good looking minivan.
- Under the hood, the vehicle is powered by 3.5 liter V6 engine that has the potential to produce 248 horsepower and 250 lb feet of torque. While LX, EX and EX-L models have five speed automatic transmission the Touring and Touring Elite versions have six speed automatic transmission.
- The regular three versions can offer 18 mpg in the city, 27 mpg on the highway and 21 mpg combined. While the touring version can offer 19 mpg in the city, 28 mpg on the highway and 22 mpg combined. The car can accelerate from zero to 60 in 7.9 seconds which is pretty fast.
- The interior of the vehicle is very cleverly done and spacious to ensure more space for the passengers and cargo. The 60/40 split bench can offer more space to the people and cargo whichever is needed. It also has more storage space in the dashboard for drivers to reach things that is required. The interior is very luxurious to make 2012 Honda Odyssey one of the best premium luxury minivans in the market.
- 2012 Honda Odyssey is priced at $28,375 for the base model.
2012 Toyota Sienna
- Toyota has already redesigned the vehicle in the year 2011 and therefore the exteriors are nicely done to make it more comfortable for large families. The vehicle is available in five different variants for seven and eight passengers.
- The base and LE models are powered by 2.7 liter inline-4 engine that can produce 187 horsepower and 186 lb feet of torque. While the rest of the variants have 3.5 liter V6 engine that can produce 266 horsepower and 245 lb feet of torque along with six speed automatic transmission. The car offers EPA estimate of 19 mpg in the city, 24 mpg on the highway and 21 mpg combined. The vehicle has similar performance to 2012 Honda Odyssey of zero to 60 mph in 7.9 seconds.
- The 2012 Toyota Sienna has plastic based interiors along with faux wood cabin accents that can look bit down-market but it still offers better appearance when you look at it the first time. The interior is very user-friendly but it still does not offer the premium look that Honda Odyssey delivers.
- 2012 Toyota Sienna is priced at $25,060 for the base model.
2012 Nissan Quest
- The 2012 Nissan Quest is the next minivan on the list that you can buy. The exterior styling of the vehicle is really great as it has tall slab sided design which is very different from the rest of the vehicles. On the front side, 2012 Nissan Quest looks very sporty and aerodynamic to ensure better performance.
- Under the hood, Nissan Quest offers 3.5 liter V6 engine that produces 260 horsepower and 240 lb feet of torque. The vehicle also offers CVT that can allow the car to accelerate from zero to 60 mph in 8.3 seconds which is bit slower than 2012 Honda Odyssey and Toyota Sienna. The fuel economy of the vehicle is on par with EPA estimate of 19 mpg in the city, 24 mpg on the highway and 21 mpg combined.